Joining a Multi-national team based in one of the World's Largest Fabrication yards, this is an exciting long term ( years+) role for an experienced Senior HVAC Engineer to be part of a World Class Development.
The role will be based in Okpo, Geoje Island on an Expat basis (Visa Sponsorship Available) and will report to the Reporting to Mechanical Equipment Engineer - Korea for this World Class Project
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This is a role based in the Fabrication Site Engineering Team.
1. Remains compliant at all times with Company safety policies and procedures.
2. Remains compliant at all times with Company information risk management policies and procedures.
3. Provides leadership for HVAC discipline and works closely with Fabricator, Engineering Contractor and Vendor to resolve HVAC technical issues.
4. Ensure Fabricator's HVAC deliverables and engineering is compliant will all applicable company codes and standards (including Safety in Design requirements)
5. Ensure HVAC vendor data is available in timely manner to support progression of Fabrication contractor engineering work.
6. Responds to Fabricator Requests for Information relating to HVAC discipline.
7. Participate in 3-D model reviews as required.
8. Provide support to constructability issues.
9. Responsible for ensuring SQ are responded to in timely manner, and to the right quality
10. Responsible for ensuring SQ register in maintained.
11. Maintains HVAC holds register and expedites holds clearance from Engineering Contractor
12. Reviews and approves Design Change Notifications (DCNs)
13. Reviews and Approved Field Change Notifications (FCNs)
14. Reviews and approved Technical Exception Authorizations (TEAs)
15. Provide work direction to Fabrication HVAC team.
16. Supports project red-lining process.
17. Supports fabricator shop drawing review process
18. Will require occasional travel to engineering contractor home office in UK.
A multi-national Oil and Gas Operator involved in a World Class Expansion Development being fabricated in Korea.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
1. Individual must be a self-starter and very motivated to deliver results.
2. Individual must be able to work independently in a fast moving and demanding environment.
3. Must be able to quickly learn and interpret company technical codes and standards.
4. Must be confident to develop solutions, provide recommendations and make decisions to resolve technical Issues.
5. Must be confident to constructively challenge proposals that they do not agree with.
6. 15 years' minimum experience in HVAC Engineering.
7. 10-20 years' experience in Oil and Gas Major Capital Projects.
8. Experience of working at Korean Fabrication yard.
9. Experience in modular design and fabrication.
10. Previous supervisory experience.
11. Relevant Engineering Degree (or similar local equivalent qualification)
12. Must be fluent in English.
13. Must be very proficient in use of all basic MS office tools.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Doc-Box boxes are perfect to present permits, warning, and almost any kind of document on a construction job site. They are great Weather-Proof Building Permit Boxes, Bulletin Boards, Inspector Boxes, Permit Protection, Job Site Drawing Boxes, Contractors Permit Boxes, and Document Protectors. Mount any of these on your own post, tree, or building, get in compliance, and add a professional look all in one motion. These are the best quality products that we could find for this application. EngineerSupply is a full-line factory authorized Doc-Box dealer.